Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Manager Operations (2nd Shift)
United States - AL - McCalla
- Ensure the production of products in accordance to product design specifications
- Ensure the use of established quality production processes that meet documented product standards
- Ensure desired standard production rates and product yields are achieved from the use of raw materials
- Timely output of product in response to customer orders
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of all production equipment in the plant
- Establish procedures for the effective performance of production tasks and to supervise staff in the proper execution of those procedures .
- Proper execution of union agreements with all production of appropriate disciplinary actions; disciplinary actions regarding suspension or termination are implemented through a review board
- Provide recommendations to the Plant Manager for capital investments to maintain or improve the quality of the production process .
- Supervise production team members performing production operations. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the team member handbook, safety guidelines, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment. Instill good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that the plant is ready for visitors at all times.
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation, and ergonomic work practices.
- Evaluate probationary team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc.
- Recommend candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer or release.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing within the assigned department at authorized levels.
- Re-assigns team members to eliminate unfavorable labor variances.
- Understand and positively impact key measure.
- Balance quality, productivity, safety, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Continuously analyze the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design, communication, reporting, cost controls, and make recommendations to the manager for improvements.
- Observe production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment.
- Take corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Consults with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc.
- Documents any and all problems and provides action plans with manager.
- Take corrective action to assure problems are resolved.
Bachelor’s degree and five years related manufacturing experience
Five years related manufacturing experience
Leadership skills and previous supervision of large work groups.
Related experience, training, education and some combination of all three may be considered.
Apply online now