Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Monroe
The Manager IT leads the relationship between IT staff, plant leadership, and regional/global IT. Oversees implementation of technology solutions, which align to business strategies. Works closely with regional and local leadership to assess and address user and customer needs. Areas of responsibility include the complete environment of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology in the JIT Plant.
Supervisory Capacity: Direct Reports: 1-5
- Partners with Regional and Global Leadership teams to ensure the IT Strategy supports and is in alignment with the regional/global operational business strategy.
- Consolidates, analyses, prioritizes (based on business returns), understands and documents Regional and Plant IT requirements and gaps in pursuit of solutions.
- Consults with Leadership team to review project plans and to obtain project approval & funding.
- Single point of contact with Regional Operations Directors and their team for IT status reporting, demand management, project tracking and issues escalation.
- Leverages IT economies of scale across the region; delivers IT best practices, and aggressively drives cost optimization efforts.
- Defines and is responsible for the IT timing, requirements, and costs related to new start-up facilities and program launches: responsible for the creation of IT Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR's) and subsequent approvals for funding, and positions to rationalize resources and capital.
- Manage a team of employees; responsibilities may include hiring, terminations, performance, goal setting and coaching team members.
- Participates with regional and global IT leadership in developing, communicating and implementing strategies for IT support services at the regional operations and plant levels.
- This includes leveraging regional and plant IT resources to accommodate special projects and support services throughout the entire operational region.
- Provides leadership and direction to plant management regarding plant IT staff in defining IT position responsibilities, recruitment, staff development, career planning, compensation definition, training, and performance appraisals.
- Lead and mentor Plant IT St