Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - AL - McCalla
- Coordinate corporate-wide EHS initiatives
- Support and coach network of Regional EHS Managers
- Track the monthly / annually Global / Regional EHS performance
- Manage the EHS IT system.
- Support that an EHS management system is established, implemented and maintained in all plants in accordance with the requirements of the ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 Standard
- Implement the auditing tool to check EHS legal compliance, communicate non-compliances in 2nd / 3rd party audit.
- Reports to Sr. Manager EHS on the performance of the EHS management system for review, including recommendations for improvement
- Advise Sr. Manager EHS on all Risk Management issues
- Liaise and cooperate with Legal department in all matters that might expose the cooperation to legal actions from authorities or other third parties
- Facilitate EHS programs in conjunction with the Regional EHS and other functions.
- Facilitate EHS culture cultivation, encourages and awards excellent EHS performance and regional EHS BBP sharing
- Provide training to senior management and local management teams as appropriate
- Leads ERT and EFT meetings (AKA Safety Committee)
- Ensure all new equipment meets OSHA guidelines
- Coordinate and possibly teach annual required safety and environmental compliance training
- Conduct safety and environmental orientation programs
- Evaluate facility and safety hazards and develop proactive strategies to address inefficiencies
- Facilitate the daily safety reviews of operations
- Work with regional workers compensation claims administration team, third party administrators, and attorneys to manage open worker’s compensation claims
- Lead contact for outside agencies such as fire departments, OSHA, and environmental regulators
- Identifies and facilitates appropriate and required environmental training
- Leads and coordinates spill response team meetings
- Evaluates facility for environmental aspects and develop proactive strategies to address issues
- Ensure plant is compliant with BOS and all other environmental, health and safety laws including compliance with all air, water and waste permits
- Coordinate environmental objectives program and ensure implementation throughout the year
- Educates and trains team facilitators as to their duties relative to safety training, safety inspections and injury/illness investigation and Employee’s First Report of Injury/Illness
- Assist in accident investigation, helps to assure that proper reports are completed and assists in recommending corrective action
- 4 year degree in occupational health, environmental
management, or related degree program.
- Ability to speak
effectively before groups of employees or communicate with medical personnel
- Familiar with
employment laws and regulations (i.e., OSHA, EEOC, etc.);
- must be computer
- Possess strong presentation and
training skills in small and large groups
- Minimum 5 to 10 years
of experience in the field of EHS in a manufacturing environment