Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Manager Customs Compliance
United States - MI - Novi
Customs Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing
International Trade Compliance Program, including: international trade
controls, regulatory compliance and capability. The position shall partner with
the business, including YF Regional Customs teams, technical support, strategic
advice, coordination of business groups and support functions, internal
controls, and the rendering of other related services to the organization.
- Responsible for, and manages the customs and
international trade compliance program for the Group’s facilities,
subsidiaries, and controlled Joint Ventures within the region
- Investigate the cross-continent, country to
country preferential tariff regulation base on YF’s investment plan &
- Provides technical advice on matters such as
classification, valuation, marking and labeling, country of origin, other free
trade agreements, special trade programs, INCOTERMS record keeping, country of
origin, global trade management systems, policies and procedures.
- Set up processes to provide responses to
customer requests for trade information (trade certificates, value content,
etc.) and solicitation of trade documents to take advantage of trade programs
- Provides uniform and consistent advice and
guidance to the organization regarding import and export activities and related
international trade matters.
- Analysis the material purchasing and
localization plans to conform with the NA regulations.
- Build and continue improve the regional/local
import / export procedures and Customs related systems.
- Responsible for new cargo classification and
manage internal and external customs compliance audit.
- Source customs broker service provider,
negotiate price and monitor continues improvement.
- Support the new plant launch international trade
- Train Plant custom affairs employee and related
- Support the plants to solve custom clearance
issues in urgent case.
- Coordinates involvement of other functional
partners, such as Regional Customs teams, Finance, Risk Management, Tax,
Information Systems, Procurement, Supply Planning, Logistics, etc. to resolve
and/or improve international trade activities.
Education: Bachelor’s Level Degree (Area
of Study: Related to role preferred)
- 5-9 Minimum
Years of Experience with Customs/Trade compliance within the Automotive or
- 5-9 Minimum
Years of Experience within the automotive industry
- Automotive Seating manufacturing, Operation, Purchasing and/or
strategic role experience.
- Must have proven costing knowledge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Flexibility for conferences and meetings outside of regular
business hours to accommodate global teams.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites,
including industrial manufacturing plants which might require climbing,
lifting, or working in confined spaces.