Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Novi
The Phase 1 Product Costing Manager is responsible for phase
1 quotes, driving consistent and accurate quotes across the team, and to
understand YFAI’s competitiveness for their product group. The Product Costing Manager will need to work
with other leadership functions to ensure we are driving to a competitive yet
Key areas of responsibility:
- Phase 1 Quote Support:
- Collect required data from product engineering
- Ensure that the product Bill of Materials (BOM) is
complete. Review BOM assumptions for
- Challenge assumptions to ensure the lowest cost solution
- Collect volume, program life, Start of Production date,
manufacturing location, and delivery assumptions to support quote development.
- Use the engineering BOM to develop ground-up purchase
part cost estimates. Several models will
be available but a deep understanding of the model is required.
- Create manufacturing requirements: machine cycle, labor,
indirect adds, scrap, equipment, tooling, and square footage assumptions.
- Prepare logistics template for packaging and freight cost
- Develop product cost by applying plant specific and
regional operating structures
- Understands and can complete a cash flow.
- Communicate and educate the organization on cost.
- Develop as-is rates, planned rates, or pro-forma's based rates for our manufacturing
facilities and processes.
- Can discuss the differences between the rate sets &
understand what is required to achieve the proposed rate structure.
- Owns driving consistency across the product quoting team
- Help train and develop your phase 1 product team
- Assess team on model understanding
- Develop training plans to get everyone ‘proficient’ or
better at the models required to perform the role
- Will help manage the phase 1 quote reviews
- Will present their product quotes at PAA
- Proficient with multiple computer systems
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint)
- SAP, EPIC/Metrix, PCM, and Hyperion – optional but
- 5-10 years experience in finance, engineering, or
manufacturing. 5+ years experience in
- Experience in 2 of the 3 fields with desire to learn all
3 (Finance, mfg, eng)
- 4 year degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical
- Ability to sort and manipulate large amounts of data.
- High aptitude for problem solving.
- Proven interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Passion/Desire to drive the business.
- Must possess highly effective analytical skills in areas
of accounting, critical thinking, analysis and communication.
- In depth understanding of key financial cashflow and
measures (ROS, IRR, NPV, etc)
- In depth understanding of manufacturing processes.
Apply online now