Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Slovakia - Bratislava
This position reports directly to the Materials Best Business Practices /CI senior manager and is responsible for supporting the Procurement teams in meeting the global purchasing initiatives. The successful candidate will work closely with the global supply base leading and promoting continuous improvement workshops and methodology.
mentor and lead supplier CI workshops, utilising lean thinking, TOC and PS to
further develop and ensure the successful execution of supplier continuous
improvement MBBP gap closure roadmaps in accordance with the agreed timing plan
CI methodologies, plan, lead and execute the regional PLA (Post Launch Audits)
supplier schedule to audit and improve purchase price process related cost
mentor and coach YF internal Procurement teams in Lean/CI disciplines related
to supplier operational excellence and improvement.
and execute non MBBP supplier improvement projects to target suppliers bottom
the approval of new suppliers, also spending time in the current strategic
supply base to determine risks, opportunities and complexity to define the
correct approach or sourcing decisions.
the Risk Management and Purchasing teams with planning and analysing of high
risk, distressed or insolvent suppliers, reducing the cost impact to the
business, by ensuring the execution of flawless transfers in a timely manner
accurate feed back to the key stake holders to determine the best course of
action, resource requirements and lead recovery plans.
regional operations with all non-quality related issues that impact Yanfeng
plants. Zero line stops internally and to the OEM
- Work and lead cross functional teams on ‘High Risk’ and/or
‘Distressed’ suppliers to improve overall operational performance, hence
reducing potential cost impact to Yanfeng
Support purchasing, costing and supplier
development teams in supply base optimisation, in coordination with the defined
- A demonstrable Lean/CI project history showing successful
- Significant management or leadership experience from within ‘door
to door’ operational plant role, i.e. Lean/CI, Logistics, Production, and
- Experience playing a lead role in a Lean implementation within a
(supplier) manufacturing organisation – taking a CI programme to a level of
maturity and sustainability
- Experienced in delivering education programmes – both internal training and workshop facilitation covering a range of Lean and CI techniques, including championing with novices, and facilitating, supporting and mentoring with management level employees
- Experience and working knowledge of the automotive supply chain as a complete material and information flow system, including OEM expectations, quality systems, logistics and/or SCM, operations and tiers.
- Knowledge of the following manufacturing processes –assemblies, injection moulding, electro plating, paint, foam, textiles/fabrics. Metal forming and stamping
- Procurement knowledge and cost engineering experience beneficial
- Formal training and qualifications in Continuous Improvement i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, Problem Solving, Quality Improvement
- Base gross monthly salary from 3000 EUR, depending on relevant experience