Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Highland Park
**ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE**
The role of the Maintenance Technician is to support the work-teams so the product can be manufactured without interruptions. Maintenance Technicians will have a critical role in the organization. Technician will be responsible for performing preventive, planned and emergency maintenance.
- Ability to frequently lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to frequently bend, reach or twist.
- Ability to stand &/or walk long periods of time.
- High Climbing.
- Maintain equipment and facility by properly doing preventative maintenance. Troubleshooting and installing components electrical and mechanical as required to keep production running at standard rates.
- Knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment operations. Ability to use software programs and testing equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
- Use of hand tools and testing instruments. Inspect and test electrical components and power circuits. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment using testing instruments. Replaces faulty switches, sockets and other elements of electrical systems.
- May perform incidental electrical, plumbing, ventilation, and hydraulic or pneumatic system work, including disconnect-reconnect on machines being repaired or replaced.
- Connects power supply to machines and equipment and connects cables, fiber optics and wires between machines and equipment and controls. Inspects diagnoses, maintains or repairs various types of machinery, such as motors, pumps, conveyor belts, fans, etc.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Reads and understands blueprints, using precision instruments.
- Ensures compliance with engineering specifications and/or codes.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required to have complete set of hand tools required to do above duties. Specialty tools are provided.
Educational/experience requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, previous manufacturing experience, statistical aptitude and basic computer skills (Windows, MS Word and Excel) are required.
**Must successfully complete a written mechanical aptitude test to be considered for the position.Apply online now