Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Lead Quality Engineer
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
Supervisory Capacity: May or May Not Have Supervisory Responsibility
· Lead cross-functional team members supporting the customer feedback/complaint handling process & corrective action process.
· Monitor product quality improvement to ensure execution of actions including any resulting customer communications/interactions.
· Interface directly with customers and internal groups.
· Develop realistic solutions to meet customer needs and solve problems.
· Strong root cause/corrective action skills.
· Can influence and negotiate with people to resolve issues.
· Experience with problem solving tools (e.g., 8D, 5-whys, cause and effect, etc.).
· Demonstrates ability to lead in a fast-paced technical environment, absorb technical information, review technical information and make technical decisions. Execute risk and impact assessments.
· Leads risk assessments (Design and Manufacturing) and risk mitigation plans during the product development cycle.
· Drive product and process changes to improve product quality.
· Communicate recommendations and decisions across the organization.
· Acts as a 'bridge' to transfer product design to production. Actively engages in implementing lessons learned, best practices during development phases, perform manufacturing readiness reviews and follow through on any open risk items to closure.
Quality System: Understand, apply and meet all function-related Quality requirements. · Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS): Understand, apply and meet all function related EHS requirements. · Product Safety: Understand, apply and meet all function-related Product Safety requirements.
· Compliance: Understand, apply and meet all function-related Compliance requirements.
· Information Security: Understand, apply and meet all function-related IT / Information Security and confidentiality of YFAI information requirements.
· Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Employee must have the ability to work additional hours and / or overtime as needed or assigned to complete job duties on time.
· Ability to multitask, interact politely and professionally with customers, suppliers and vendors, and work cooperatively with employees at all levels.
· Ability to maintain predictable and regular attendance, arrive to designated location on time, or be at assigned location ready to work for assignment.