Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Lead Quality Engineer
United States - MI - Holland
As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining an outstanding Supplier/Customer relationship as the primary customer quality contact for the plant Responsible for providing on-the-floor quality support for manufacturing lines/areas in the plant by problem solving issues and creating/ maintaining quality systems to support production. Responsible for supporting continuous improvement and launch activities through active participation in SDT meetings and discussions. Responsible for managing data collection activities and analysis to support problem solving and meeting systemic requirements. This position has the authority to carry out the basic functions and responsibilities described and supported by the facility's organizational chart.
- Maintain an outstanding Supplier/Customer relationship through active communication and timely response to customer quality issues and concerns. Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment in deciding what and how to communicate with the Customer to maintain high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Perform thorough data collection and problem analysis to determine root cause of quality issues and verify effectiveness of corrective actions. Thorough understanding of SPC, measurement system analysis, and statistical problem solving methodologies is a must.
- Create and maintain work instructions and log sheets for quality verification and data acquisition activities in order to meet customer, BOS, and TS-16949 requirements.
- Set performance expectations, perform team member training, and enforce accountability, as necessary, to consistently meet or exceed customer quality requirements.
- Maintain open issues list(s) to document quality issues and track progress of action plans and timing to completion. Must keep information updated to reflect accurate target dates and person responsible throughout the problem solving process.
- Provide leadership in problem solving and troubleshooting in order to achieve timely resolution to internal quality issues. Provide cross-functional support for delivery, efficiency, and scrap issues to help the team achieve performance objectives.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of all plant processes required to produce the end item component or assembly shipped to the customer.
- Actively participate in product and process changes to verify customer quality requirements are met and required customer approvals (PPAP or deviation authorization) are obtained prior to shipping new or modified parts.
- Read and interpret blue prints and CAD renderings to determine product engineering and dimensional requirements.
- Must be able to verify product compliance by utilizing various measurement tools (calipers, optical comparator, micrometers, spectrophotometer, etc.).
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others including members of the Southview Quality department, plant and corporate support staff, manufacturing team members, suppliers and Customers.
- Monitor assembly / process operations to determine compliance with Customers' product function and craftsmanship requirements. Provide on-the-floor support for the manufacturing teams when quality issues arise.
- Must have excellent prioritization and decision making skills.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of APQP methodology and be able to create and modify documents (PFMEA, Control Plan, Process Flow).
- Maintain internal and corporate reporting databases for containment, PPM, returned materials, scrap, etc.
- Working knowledge of customer portals and customer-specific requirements is preferred.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Quality Manager.
- Bachelor Level Degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent of five years experience in a Quality Engineering or higher role in the Automotive Industry.
- Minimum of five years experience in Quality Assurance at a manufacturing Tier 1 supplier in the Automotive Industry, if no Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding preferred.
- Strong background in decorative processes and paint preferred
- Must be familiar with IATF 16949 requirements.
- Must have working knowledge of AIAG requirements (MSA, SPC, PPAP, APQP, etc.)
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and working experience with statistical software strongly preferred.
US Visa sponsorship is not available for this positionApply online now