Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Lead Engineer (Seating)
Germany - Wolfsburg
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery and accuracy of engineering program deliverables to customer and SDT (Data/Drawing Release/Prototype Samples/DFMEA/All signoff, etc.).
- Responsible for product design including product validation with related design tools and technical skills: DFMEA, IMDS, DV, PV, FEA, CATIA, UG, etc. to achieve design requirements to meet customer specifications.
- Lead engineering team to complete product development with quality and timing requirements.
- Develop and optimize the design plan, select the correct and appropriate components and materials, and strive to minimize product and process cost while ensuring the function and appearance requirements.
- Evaluate and review engineering technical documents such as product data, drawings and bill of materials (BOM).
- Summarize the problems that occurred during the development, compile lessons learned checklist, and incorporate it into DFMEA.
- Provide technical support to supplier or manufacturing department, ensure that issues are resolved.
- Build a strong relationship with Backoffice team and communicate all program and technical information feedback from EU team and customer.
- Able to effectively communicate in Simultaneous Development Teams (PM, Quality, Purchase, Plant, etc.) to increase agility, quality and results.
- Build a strong partnership and relationship with customer.
- Independently resolve issues raised by customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for coordinating sample build, customer onsite support and document preparation.
- Organize engineering meetings, create and follow up executions of action plan.
- Willing to travel to customer, suppliers and plant locations.
- Check and coach the work of engineers and assistant engineers in the team.
- Manage the development budget.
- Responsibility to follow the company's business operating system (BOS) documents and the requirements of the automotive industry standards.
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree and above
- Over 8 years’ working experience, including 5 years of Automotive Seating Development.
- Strong Communication capability, global program work experience is mandatory.
- 3 years+ SEAT/Skoda/VW/Audi/Porsche working experience is mandatory, understand VW group development process and key mil