Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
IT Manager, QMS – Quality Management Systems
United States - MI - Holland
As the Manager IT for QMS you will work closely with functional business groups, senior leadership, and technical teams. This
position leads the task of writing
requirements to formally document business needs. The role functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Execute requirements gathering, elicitation, and development to capture and document business needs
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process models, use cases, scenarios, storyboards, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Utilize YFAI process modeling, requirements elicitation, and requirements management tools
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into detailed requirements
- Work with functional leads to transform and develop new requirements into design and implementation specifications
- Interface with business to develop strategic roadmaps for new functionality from commercial applications, through new releases and upgrades
- Interface with vendor partners and design optimal solutions to integrate with existing business systems
- Document requirements for changes to the design and implementation of legacy business applications
- Follow effective processes to verify and validate business requirements with functional and technical stakeholder before establish projects baselines
- Accurately estimate the business analysis efforts required for a project
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs
- Facilitate creation of training materials and documentation for business applications and train new end users on applications delivered through your projects
- Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed (e.g., additional training sessions, communication, system modifications)
- Define and document internal and external user interfaces and support system and data requirements clarification and definition.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver standard artifacts
- Serve as the conduit between the business community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates and industry best practices
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business users, technology teams, and support teams
- Assist in defining quality assurance testing strategy and identifying risks
- Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software
- Ensure issues and defects are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution and verify that the business needs can be met with that solution
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications
- Deliver effective, informative, and well-organized presentations
- Lead people on your team – Managerial experience in leading a team or individual contributors.
- Lead support team and functions within the QMS space. Ensure full SDLC is covered with support and project impacts.
The position requires proven experience in following industry standard business analysis techniques and methods to elicit and validate business requirements.
Experience in modeling business processes and defining business data models is required. This role will define and document internal and external user interfaces and support system and data requirements clarification and definition. Also, acting as the liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements for platform applications.
Effective planning and facilitation skills are critical to this role, including the ability to negotiate challenging differences of opinion between key stakeholders during meetings. Communication skills are essential in both written and spoken form, including the ability to use the appropriate forms at all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Management or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10 years of industry experience in Information Technology
- Experience working in global corporation preferred
- Leading an individual contributor and or a team.
- Travel 20% of time to meet with customers, IT teams across the globe
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in business analysis roles
- Experience using enterprise requirements elicitation and management tools and methodologies
- Experience with Agile delivery methods is desired
- Knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle including requirements analysis, design, development, testing (integration, user, and performance), implementation, and support
- Experience with QMS systems such as IQS, QAD, PLM Team Center, MES, or other similar systems is desired.
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional and operational requirements
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in business analysis planning is required
- Strong ability to maintain emotional composure and neutral position during confrontational discussions between multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Effective facilitation skills are required to manage meetings effectively
- Effective business case development skills are required
- Must have a solid understanding of user interface, database, and system design concepts