Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
IT Desk Support
United States - MI - Holland
As the IT Desk Support you will be responsible in assists in
coordinating, designing, building, integrating, developing, testing, and
deploying infrastructure and/or application technology solutions. OR this job
assists in delivering IT services for the physical network, server
applications, and software, through a broad range of tasks associated with
event management, incident management, request fulfilment, access management,
problem management, IT operations controls, and technical management. The IT Desk Support role is to provide Information
Technology (IT) coordination, leadership and support to the respective
plant/office in the pursuit of exceeding internal and external customer
expectations; to deliver and support best-in-class, value-added business
systems and processes, and to maximize cost reduction/avoidance opportunities
utilizing information technology.
- Primary IT support resource for PC/Server, ERP, and
- Analyze system issues and provides solutions.
- Escalates system issues to BU IT Manager or to
- Responsible for the daily operations of computer systems
including system administration, security, process adherence and documentation,
equipment installation and system backups. Installation and maintenance of
equipment, application and o/s upgrades, patches, new releases and interfaces.
- Provides support on off shifts and weekends via
telephone, VPN, and onsite if necessary for production down issues on
assemblies built to customer broadcast.
- Develop scripts and programs to deliver applications and
to collect shop floor data.
- Provides key plant IT contact for internal and external
- Ensures company IT activities are communicated in a
timely fashion to the plant leaders and IT staff.
- Consults with plant leadership team regarding IT related
education and training requirements for Plant personnel.
- Leverages IT economies of scale across the plant;
delivers IT best practices and aggressively drives out cost.
- Serves as the key Plant IT representative on new program teams:
responsible for the creation of IT Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s) and
subsequent approvals for funding.
- Reviews all Plant IT related CARs and expenses with IT
Supervisor and CI Manager.
- Supports the IT Supervisor and acts as Project Manager for
IT initiatives within the facility as required.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to strategic YFAI IT
initiatives, standard technologies, policies, security and Business Operating
System (BOS) processes throughout the plant.
- Serve as first level support and point of contact for
VOIP phone system, Vision and Security Systems.
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and
preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation
and ergonomic work practices.
- Safety auditing, tracking of audit closure, participating
in incident reviews along with writing or assisting in the 8D
- Bachelor’s Degree, College Diploma or equivalent
experience in Business Management, Computer Science, or applicable field of
- Certification in Microsoft Operating Systems and Office
- 3+ years IT or related experience in an automotive
- 2+ years’ experience in supporting Local Area Networks
(LAN’s) and Wide Area Networks (WAN’s) associated equipment.
- 2+ years’ experience with the support and implementation
of QAD MFG/Pro ERP software.
- Experience in supporting Manufacturing Resource Planning
(MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Experience in data collection and barcoding systems.
- Experience in Outlook Administration.
- Must have experience and working knowledge to support and
maintain; mobile handheld computers, thermal printers, and multi-function
- Outstanding PC/Server hardware and software experience
including Microsoft Office, Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP/Windows7/Server
2003/Server2008r2, NT/W2000 NOS, Windows 7 Virtual Machines, SQL database
admin, SQL queries, database reporting skills and Cisco experience.
- Customer support experience coupled with hardware,
software, and network support.