Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
The role of the IT Administrator is providing Information Technology (IT) coordination, leadership and support to the respective plant team in the pursuit of exceeding internal and external customer expectations; to deliver and support best-in-class, value-added business systems and processes, and to maximize cost reduction/avoidance opportunities utilizing information technology.
- Primary IT support resource for PC/Server, ERP, and shop-floor systems. Analyzes system issues and provides solutions. Escalates system issues to BU IT Manager or to Group/Corporate IT.
- Responsible for the daily operations of computer systems including system administration, security, process adherence and documentation, equipment installation and system backups. Installation and maintenance of equipment, application and o/s upgrades, patches, new releases and interfaces.
- Provides support on off shifts and weekends via telephone, VPN, and onsite if necessary for production down issues on assemblies built to customer broadcast.
- Develop scripts and programs to deliver applications and to collect shop floor data.
- Provides key plant IT contact for internal and external YFAI customers.
- Ensures company IT activities are communicated in a timely fashion to the plant leaders and IT staff.
- Consults with plant leadership team regarding IT related education and training requirements for Plant personnel.
- Leverages IT economies of scale across the plant; delivers IT best practices and aggressively drives out cost.
- Serves as the key Plant IT representative on new program teams: responsible for the creation of IT Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s) and subsequent approvals for funding.
- Reviews all Plant IT related CARs and expenses with IT Supervisor and CI Manager.
- Supports the IT Supervisor and acts as Project Manager for IT initiatives within the facility as required.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to strategic YFAI IT initiatives, standard technologies, policies, security and Business Operating System (BOS) processes throughout the plant.
- Serve as first level support and point of contact for VOIP phone system, Vision and Security Systems.
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation and ergonomic work practices.
- Safety auditing, tracking of audit closure, participating in incident reviews along with writing or assisting in the 8D process and aiding in corrective action closure.
- Communication of safety information as necessary and participation in safety meetings and activities is also required.
- 3+ years IT or related experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in supporting Local Area Networks (LAN’s) and Wide Area Networks (WAN’s) associated equipment.
- Outstanding PC/Server hardware and software experience including Microsoft Office, Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP/Windows7/Server 2003/Server2008r2, NT/W2000 NOS, Windows 7 Virtual Machines, SQL database admin, SQL queries, database reporting skills and Cisco experience..
- Solid leadership and project management experience in successfully leading simultaneous IT projects.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and team development skills.
- Customer support experience coupled with hardware, software, and network support.
- Experience in supporting Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- 2+ years’ experience with the support and implementation of QAD MFG/Pro ERP software.
- Experience in data collection and barcoding systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree, College Diploma or equivalent experience in Business Management, Computer Science, or applicable field of study.
- Certification in Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Applications (MOUS/MCP/MCSE/MCIPT).
- Experience in Outlook Administration.
- Must have experience and working knowledge to support and maintain; mobile handheld computers, thermal printers, and multi-function network printers