Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - AL - McCalla
The Industrial Engineer will work with internal and external customers on layouts, equipment, manufacturing processes, improvements, and engineering changes. Responsibilities:
- Alignment of plant drawing with AutoCAD standards
- Lean Flow proposals, improvements to overall facility flow, and floor space allocation responsibilities
- Kaizen support – CI project collaboration
- Direct Labor Time Studies / MODAPTS / line balancing
- VA/NVA analysis and improvements
- New program Direct Labor planning, including reviews of “IE Tool” with Advanced Manufacturing
- Indirect Labor Time Studies / work sampling / work balancing
- Responsible for developing and implementing process improvements and systems for manufacturing department.
- Assists manufacturing staff on new and current jobs and provides required documentation.
- Assists in troubleshooting downtime, scrap and process-related issues.
- Analyzes and assists in researching alternate or new equipment and manufacturing methods.
- Assists Manufacturing and Quality departments with process improvements for quality, productivity, and scrap reduction.
- Develops and implements systems used for all process documentation, variable control, and job set-up.
- Enforces safety rules daily, and actively intervenes to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering Technology or similar
- Industrial Engineering experience required (Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities will be trained)
- AutoCAD experience required
- Experience with torque tools helpful
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.