Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Monroe
The IMGL (In Mold Grain Lamination) Process Engineer will report to the site Technical Manager and will have process oversight for the IMGL and Vacuum Form department at the Frenchtown 1 facility. This department includes IMGL, Vacuum Forming, Lamination, glue coating, punch, edge fold, and an air bag laser weakening process. They will be responsible to set site processing strategy, root cause troubleshooting, scrap reduction, OEE improvement, leadership, and mentoring/development of department process technicians.
Bachelor's Degree in Plastics, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering is strongly desired. Equivalent experience may be considered.
Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience in Vacuum Forming / IMGL is required. At least 10 years experience is desired.
- Experience with glue coating processes and laser air bag weakening is desired but not required.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Exceptional understanding of IMGL and Vacuum Forming processes required.
- Exceptional understand of mold change requirements. Experience performing mold changes and the use of SMED methods.
- Extensive hands on experience with these processes is required.
- Proven mechanical aptitude for problem solving.
- Proven process and tooling engineering excellence in the automotive industry.