Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) 2018 Intern
United States - MI - Holland
Start building your future
An internship at YFAI is not your
typical coffee-making, errand-running internship. Here you will work on real
world projects from the beginning. You will develop your talents while we
provide you with opportunities to change the world.
Projects with a real world impact.
Each intern is assigned to a manager
and mentor who they will work with for the summer. The manager defines a
specific project that you will work on for the entirety of the internship. This
project is designed to have a lasting impact on the business, and will be
judged at the end of the summer during the Intern Expo. This is a chance for
you to showcase your individual project to the campus and the executive
leadership team. Judges will score each presentation based on business impact,
presentations skills and creativity. The Intern Expo gives our company the
opportunity to recognize the valuable projects you worked on over the
summer and the interns the opportunity to interact with senior leaders.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready
for the challenge?
This summer internship opportunity is a project based internship in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) that will be located at our Holland Tech Center.
- Assist in the implementation of an internal EHS metrics data system tracking waste management, TCIR, Near miss, first aid, and recordable incidents.
- Assist North American EHS site leaders understand EHS reporting requirements.
- Support the YFAI EHS team in identifying / reviewing Emerging Regulations external services.
- Help Identify Waste Vendors / TSDF's utilized by YFAI North America.
- Current full-time undergraduate college student working
towards a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Psychology, Exercise
Physiology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Safety or equivalent
- 3.00 GPA or higher
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior status
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and goal orientated
- Prior internship(s), work experience, and/or extracurricular activities preferred
- US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position