Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Highland Park
EH&S coordinates the Plant’s various health, safety and environmental (HS&E) practices and programs designed to safeguard all employees in a working environment which is conducive to their physical well being.
1. Maintain compliance with Federal, State, and Local HS&E regulations including managing Federal, State, and Local Plant OSHA compliance regulations
2. Develops and coordinates training for general safety, worker’s compensation and accident investigation
3. Schedules, monitors, and recommends action based on pre-employment, return-to-work, and periodic physical examinations
4. Staff and stock the plant’s first aid facility; provide first aid treatment of on-the-job illness or injury
5. Administer the Worker’s Compensation program including maintaining OSHA logs, creating and maintaining employee injury/illness files; tracking adjusted work of injured employees, and keeping supervisors updated on the status of injuries
6. See the properly trained persons are available to render first aid on other shifts
7. Maintain first aid treatment records and reports
8. Develop and maintain emergency response and accident prevention plans; organization and manage emergency response team
9. Coordinate and schedule as necessary: PFTs, physicals, hearing tests, safety glasses, drug testing, spill blood work, and wellness programs
10. Maintain and report monthly statistics pertaining to the plant’s safety record and corporate requirements
11. Recommend action to assure the plant complies with all Federal, State, and Local laws related to the health and safety of all employees
12. Identify opportunities for improvement. Applying corrective and preventative action when discrepancies are detected
13.Assure compliance with all environmental regulations including SPCC inspections, SWPP inspections, waste inspections and applicable permits. Coordinate all liquid industrial and hazardous waste shipments.
14.Process all employee worker’s compensation claims; coordinate and assist in representing the Company at hearings
15. Maintain liaison with Company retained physician, schedule physical examinations, and coordinate medical reports for alleged work-related illnesses or injuries
16. Coordinate the processing and payment of all indemnity/lost time claims under Worker’s Compensation
17. Maintain and comply with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation, and ergonomic work practices
- Safety auditing, tracking of audit closure, participating in incident reviews along with writing or assisting in the 8D process and aiding in corrective action closures
- Communication of safety information as necessary and participation in safety meetings and activities is also required
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Civil or Environmental Engineering degree/ Safety or a related field.
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of EHS managing regulatory compliance in OSHA, worker’s compensation, manufacturing health and safety training, environmental and ergonomics.Apply online now