Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Director Supply Chain Management
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
The Supply Chain Director will be responsible for driving improvements for materials management, logistics and production scheduling. Deliverables range across long-term planning, on-time delivery, inventory optimization and accuracy, freight cost optimization and implementation of lean principles and tools.
Director of Supply Chain & Logistics Responsibilities:
- Manage Supply Chain Management activities including logistics.
- Provide direct leadership and guidance to multiple plants.
- Support and enforce plants compliance on launch-related logistics & material processes.
- Evaluate and improve planning and scheduling processes and systems for the plants.
- Review, develop & implement Material related processes for multiple plants.
- Define material strategies to support lean manufacturing.
- Responsible for balancing objectives, including freight costs, on time delivery, inventory days on hand, etc.
- Assist in determining the plants optimal plant inventory levels including raw, WIP and finished goods.
- Directly support lean manufacturing principles and processes.
- Assist plants during new program launches.
- Champion materials related activities designed to meet plant and corporate goals and objectives.
- Develop and initiate best practices across the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Supply Chain and Logistics management experience.
- Must have Automotive industry experience.
- Demonstrated track record in improving inventory accuracy, driving inventory reduction strategies and reducing premium freight.
- Extensive knowledge in lean manufacturing principles.
- Must have a high sense of urgency.
- Expert in supply chain including logistics and materials management.