Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Director, IT Technical Service
United States - MI - Novi
As the Director, IT Technical Services you will be responsible
for developing the strategy and directs the delivery of IT services. In
addition you will delivery model for a set of services, such as server, network
and database administration as well as the support and coordination of the
systems such as Manufacturing Execution (MES) and related operational and shop
- Recruits, trains, mentors and ensures the efficiency of
technician IT staff.
- Provides strategic direction for the acquisition, installation
and operations of IT systems are/or their related components.
- Manages ongoing technical operations management within the
region and coordinates with internal global partners as needed.
- Manages professional technical services and operations with
external partners and customers.
- Ensures timely resolution of routine support tickets and uses
data from the ticketing system to dedicatedly maintain a high level of system
reliability and performance.
- Provides an escalation path for the resolution of major
technical issues that could affect key business systems.
- Stays up to date with the latest trends, innovations and
offerings related to technical IT equipment, processes and management of IT
- Reviews proposed system initiatives and consults on their
technical aspects related to implementation, support and cost considerations.
- Participates in the development of project program budget
estimates during the demand management and project initiation phases of
proposed IT initiatives.
- Supplies technical resources for regional IT projects and
- Provides regular reporting on the overall health of IT systems
including system availability, maintenance scheduling, security status and
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related
discipline, MBA or equivalent experience.
- Professional Certifications such as COMPTIA A+/Network+,
MCSA/MCSE, CCNA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, etc. preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience in technical IT operations
management, preferably in a large, global organization.
- 5+ years supervisory experience leading large scale
operations, global teams, technical managers and application leads.
- Experience working at executive committee level.
- You should possess functional knowledge of the technical
aspects of the following:
- Server installation and maintenance (Microsoft and Linux)
- Virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Database administration (SQL/Server and Oracle)
- Enterprise applications installation and maintenance
- Backup and disaster recovery / business continuity
- Active Directory (AD)
- Systems security software and protocols.
- Network topologies
- Storage systems (NAS, SAN, etc.)
- Ticketing systems/service management processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects, developing
internal/external relationships, establishing cross-team partnerships.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, issue analysis and
- Ability to work well in a dynamic multicultural global work
- Ability to bring together and address both business and
- Requires regional and international travel.