Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Customs Analyst / Foreign Trade Zone Coordinator
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
(YFAI) seeks a Foreign Trade Zone Coordinator(FTZC) to be a member of the
Supply Chain Customs Team. The Customs Analyst will be responsible for day to day Foreign
Trade and Customs operations at YFAI Fountain Inn. The Customs Analyst will ensure the processing
and submission of data through the FTZ system, lead FTZ compliance and training
and work with other plant teams on security initiatives.
The FTZ Coordinator will
also work with the YFAI Customs Team, Supply Chain and plant personnel to
facilitate imports, exports and in bond shipments. The position shall assist the Customs team
and Customs vendors with processes in place to respond to customer requests for
trade information, monitor and resolve premium and other border crossing
shipment issues, find savings opportunities and support processes for the
continued operation of Customs activities.
The FTZ will lead
Fountain Inn compliance processing as well as the following activities:
Coordinate FTZ Operations
- Complete and submit all periodic
filings/payments to the Grantee and Foreign Trade Zone Board. This
includes the end of year report to the Grantee (that goes to FTZ Board) and
annual FTZ payment.
- Participate in meetings when physical changes to
the facility (including warehouses) are under consideration.
- Submit any proposed layout changes to the
Grantee and US Customs.
- Work with plant EHS to update and maintain FTZ
- Work with plant managers to maintain and enforce
FTZ security requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate the submission of background checks
required by FTZ regulation.
- Create and provide training as needed to plant
personnel and work with NA Customs Manager to integrate into YFAI Learning
- Conduct weekly “walk arounds” to validate FTZ
requirements are being followed by plant personnel. Advise
management of any gaps and suggest how to resolve.
- Lead FTZ audit preparation and audit meetings
with US Customs
- Coordinate FTZ Processing:
- Complete daily and weekly filings in FTZ system
- Monitor and resolve FTZ system error messages
- Process in bonds (CF7512), permits to transfer
(ePTT), Zone Admissions (e214) and Coordinate and close out 06/08 entry type
submissions as appropriate.
- Receive FTZ admission shipment
- Review inventory and process adjustments as
- Participate in plant inventory meetings/calls
that impacts FTZ filings as appropriate
- Monitor import product and ensure the company is
operating within the scope of authority.
- Develop and maintain work instructions in line
with the FTZ procedures manual.
- Develop and maintain FTZ system processes and
- File harbor maintenance fees quarterly
- Request Purchase Order and pay annual FTZ
systems provider fee.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain Management and
NA Customs Team; Liaison with brokers and Corporate Customs to immediately
resolve questions related to Customs/Shipments.
- Questions will vary depending on specific events
but often are from inquiries regarding Invoices, classification, export
controls, country of origin, eligibility for trade agreements, etc.
- Train and assist plant personnel with creating
Customs invoices and other documentation in TMS Web Ui. Help resolve
systems issues when they occur with Yanfeng IT.
- Coordinate Customs documentation with
transportation information. Work with vendor to provide trade
information/documents required under contract with OEMs and other
customers. This includes part level trade certificates
(example: NAFTA and USA - Korea certificates), country of origin percentage
used for OEM labels, manufacture country of origin and other information.
- Extract information from QAD and the FTZ system
when feasible to resolve data issues
- Identify and suggest resolution to data
deficiencies (resulting in manual “work arounds”)
- Work with team to obtain information needed to
create trade certificates needed by Yanfeng to qualify for trade programs that
reduce duties and fees.
- Resolve export alerts created from TMS
- Look for and recommend process improvements for
5+ years of North America trade compliance experience is
required.Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain,
Transport and Distribution or Logistics related field is required.Customs brokerage license is a plus.Experience with SAP, QAD, MFG Pro, Sharepoint or other
Supply Chain/Logistics system experience is required.Demonstrated knowledge of Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) and USA
import and export laws, regulations and compliance requirements, as well as the
governmental agencies that impact or are involved with international trade.Ability to identify objectives and incorporate diverse
information in making decisions.Ability to develop and effectively communicate sound advice
and/or analysis, including the suggestion of alternative business solutions and
best practices while taking into automotive objectives and risk tolerance.Experience with FTZ systems.
Experience with Integration Point FTZ systems is a plus.Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, Visio,
Apply online now