Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Senior Financial Analyst will assist the Plant Controller in all area of
costs and budgets through the review of operations and the criteria used for
developing cost standards and expense budgets to establish an acceptable base
for measuring product cost, expense control, and Plant performance.
Essential Duties and
- Working with Central Costing Accounting and
Materials, develop and load annually material and
freight standard costs into MFG Pro system.
- Develop Burden and Overhead rates annually
- Review all BOM audits, make necessary
- Instruct Materials on error and
- Review labor routes, cost new parts, make
sure BOM op levels and labor routes match.
- Analyze standard costs on periodic basis
and review variances including preparation of monthly volume/mix/price
variance and OPS and CCAIF bridges.
- Review and approve savings in Six Sigma
Trac & support Continuous Improvement projects.
- From time to time, will review plant
procedures to determine cost saving effectiveness of meeting plant goals
(tell CI about route differentials, heads and run rates).
- Act as BOS & SOX internal auditor and
coordinator for the department. Review all transactions associated
with inventory (scrap, cycle counting, and obsolete).
- Coordinate with Central Commercial Finance
to processes retro-billing as deemed necessary.
- Processes tasks associated with Accounts
Receivables including reconciliation’s and applying cash deposits.
Prepare profit plans and forecasts by analyzing financial data, and advise
management of the monthly performance.
- Prepare appropriation requests and the
justification of same for capital expenditures to insure that the funds
are being requested in accordance with the Corporate guidelines.
- Prepare and distribute monthly actual vs
budget report to departmental managers and review large variance with
departmental managers and the Plant Controller.
- Assists in processing accounts
- Insure proper account distribution for work
orders submitted through observation and review of work orders and the
project status report.
- Review return material to suppliers and
reconcile with IRIS.
- Responsible for monthly freight
reconciliation between projected freight costs and freight payments to
ensure sufficient freight accrued.
- Directs quarterly physical inventories with
Materials; run reports; freeze system.
- Explains book to physical differences and
establishes procedures to eliminate inventory variances.
- Account Reconciliations.
- Analyze balance sheet – make
- Assist Controller in balance sheet audits
and internal audits.
- Review all Pro-Card (credit card)
- Review Platforms/Sales for
- Analyze all construction-in-progress (CIP)
projects, make sure all costs spent, billed, posted.
- Roll CIP to fixed assets.
- Assist in Fixed Asset Audit.
- Record all asset transfers and
- Open PO analysis, assist MRO buyer with
invoice approvals, work with vendors on a/p issues Review a/p GRIR (Goods
Received awaiting Invoice Receipt) and make necessary write offs.
- Payroll reconciliations, analysis, and
general ledger postings.
- Coordinate with Launch Manager on launch,
costs, BOM preparation, routes analysis, expenditures.
Education / Experience /
- Bachelors Degree with major in
accounting or equivalent.
- Two (2) years in automotive
plant-level manufacturing accounting areas described above.
- Experience and/or knowledge of
- Proficiency with MS Excel and
other MS Office tools is required.
- Knowledge of SAP and QAD
- Sarbane-Oxley experience a
- Excellent communication skills