Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MO - Riverside
The Controls/PLC Technician is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting production facility machines. Uses knowledge of controls to maintain production and maximize equipment uptime. Uses solid troubleshooting techniques to diagnose the electronic and electrical components on all production and plant equipment.
- Maximize equipment uptime by quickly resolving causes of electrical and mechanical malfunctions on all equipment.
- Assist the maintenance department in installing new electronic/electrical control equipment and making it operational.
- Provide technical support to the maintenance department when required.
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment which fail to meet operating standards.
- Keep updated electrical drawings and schematics on all production and plant equipment. Maintain master backups for all machine programs.
- Provide support for Programmable Logic Controllers, robots and Panel Views to maximize both quality and production.
- Maintain current corporate programming standards.
- Improve human machine interfaces.
- Implement quality improvements.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Technical schooling in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar; equivalent work experience also considered
- 2 years experience as an electonic engineer, electrician or similar
- 2 years experience in the automotive industry
- Ability to travel to work at customer sites, including industrial manufacturing plants which might require climbing, lifting or working in confined spaces
- Experience in programming and interfacing with Allen Bradley drives and control systems
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems as it relates to controls of such systems
- Knowledge of HMI interfaces and layouts for best operator experience