Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Controls Engineer - 2nd Shift
United States - IL - Belvidere
Applies electrical and
control theory to test, modify and diagnose the electronic and electrical
components on all production and plant equipment. Specific Duties:
- Diagnose and resolve causes of electrical and mechanical
malfunctions on all equipment;
- Assist the maintenance department in installing
new electronic/electrical control equipment and making it operational;
- Develop engineering specifications for electrical control systems
and equipment modifications;
- Provide technical support to the maintenance department when
required; Plan, direct and record periodic electrical analysis on the
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment
which fail to meet operating standards;
- Provide training for the maintenance department on the operation
and diagnostics of the machine controls and motor controllers;
- Research and implement cost effective upgrades to the equipment
- Research and implement the most cost effective replacement of
electrical control parts;
- Provide technical support (as needed) for the office computers and
- Keep updated electrical drawings and schematics on all production
and plant equipment. Maintain master backups for all machine programs.
- Recommend the electrical spare parts inventory for all new
and existing production equipment to insure maximum machine utilization;
- Keep abreast with the latest in control technology;
- Develop programming and provide support for Programmable Logic
Controllers, robots and Panel Views to maximize both quality and production.
- Develop new and support old programming using RSLogix 5000,
RSLogix 500, RSView Studio, RSSQL, RSNetWorx.
- Develop new and support old programming using Siemens Step-7 and
TIA Portal, RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 5 and RSLogix 500, RSView Studio, RSSQL,
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is
expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the
department and/or facility
- Enforce safety rules daily.
- Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and
- Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices
adherence and coach employees as needed.
- Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
- Follow all safety guidelines established by this facility on a
daily basis. Noncompliance to the safety policy will result in
disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Provide technical support, if needed, to other AE Injection
Molding & Assembly production facilities;
- To stop production, if necessary to correct quality problems;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical
Engineering, or related field; or Associates Degree with equivalent experience
- Experience with computer
systems and software, including AutoCad
- Experience programming
and troubleshooting of PLCs, drives and robotic systems
- Experience with control
systems design, troubleshooting, and installation.
- Experience with Man
Machine Interface programming
- Working knowledge of
Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
Apply online now