Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Manufacturing Plant Floor Controls Engineer:
- Diagnose and resolve causes of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic issues.
- Must be able to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic prints.
- Familiar with automotive manufacturing equipment (PLCs, HMIs, Conveyors, IM Presses, Plastic Welding Equipment, VFDs, Safety PLCs/Circuits, Torque Tools, ANDON/MES/Part Tracking/Traceability systems, and peripherals (Barcode Scanners/RFID/Vision), Robotics, Servos, Encoders)
- Familiar with JIT manufacturing and ILVS build methodology.
- Knowledge of FCA broadcast technology and equipment is a plus.
- Assist the maintenance department in installing new electronic/electrical control equipment and making it operational.
- Develop engineering specifications for electrical control systems and equipment modifications.
- Plan, direct and record periodic electrical analysis on the production equipment.
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment which fail to meet operating standards.
- Provide training for the maintenance department on the operation and diagnostics of the machine controls and motor controllers.
- Research and implement the most cost effective replacement of electrical control parts.
- Provide technical support for the office computers and computer systems.
- Keep updated electrical drawings and schematics on all production and plant equipment.
- Maintain master backups for all machine programs.
- Recommend electrical spare parts inventory for all new and existing production equipment to insure maximum machine utilization.
- Develop programming and provide support for Programmable Logic Controllers, robots and Panel Views to maximize both quality and production.
- Develop new and support existing programming using RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, RSView Studio, RSSQL, RSNetWorx is a must.
- Program and troubleshoot Fanuc, ABB and Kuka robotic systems is a plus.
- Ability to modify and create SQL queries, also create reports by writing stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is a plus. Willingness to learn is a must.
- Supports manufacturing metrics (Safety, Chang point, OEE, Scrap, Waste)
- Successful candidate will have strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to calmly troubleshoot issues and work with plant maintenance and production staff to bring about solutions and share information with peers.
- Manages time effectively and without requiring a lot of oversight.
- Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement within engineering and other departments.
- Works well individually and as a team, following all company and department processes and methods.
Bachelor's in Engineering with 5 or more years of work experience in the field of Manufacturing Controls Engineering or
- BA in Engineering Technology with 7 or more years of work experience in the field of Manufacturing Controls Engineering or
- High school diploma with 10+ years of experience in the field of Manufacturing Controls Engineering and machine maintenance
- At least 5 years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Computer systems, PCs and software including AutoCad, Programming and troubleshooting of PLCs, drives and robotic systems,
- Working knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, Control systems design, troubleshooting and installation, Man Machine Interface programming.