Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
CONTRACTOR -Validation Engineer
United States - MI - Novi
Develop, optimize and manage test plans that are used to evaluate and/or validate YF interior products. Serve as technical resource for customer, federal, and/or YF test specifications and methods. Provides results reporting for completed tests and program status.
- Development of test plans in accordance with customer, federal, and/or YF specific requirements.
- Program coordination of test plans, including samples, fixtures, schedules, sign-offs, witnessing tests, and sample reviews.
- Manage a test schedule using validation database, and/or customer specific format.
- Understand customer, federal, and/or YF specific requirements and test methods.
- Consistent use of validation process protocols such as Issue Tracking and reporting, ED/DV/PV, DVP Structure, Naming Conventions, PV First Time Pass, Spec Updating Process, budget approval and monitoring.
- Serve as key contact person between product development team and test labs.
- Develop optimization plans for test samples using acceptable practices.
- Support internal and/or external customer meetings and reviews as required.
- Provide clear instruction(s) on how a test should be setup and conducted.
- Ability to recommend appropriate test sample sizes in accordance to test requirements.
- Review of data and reporting of all tests (including final disposition of results).
- Support product development team on pre/post-test sample reviews as required.
- Support product development team with assessment, recommendations, and/or analysis of results to resolve product non-conformances.
- Maintain program test requirement metrics including Production Validation “Right first time”.
- Maintains safe, secure, and clean work place by following 5S standards.
- Use validation database for test data and information.
- Support test report process by uploading files, loading test data and information, provide test summary and observations.
- Attend department meetings as required.
- Support test method development and/or continuous improvement projects as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Technical)
Minimum 3 years experience with the following:- Automotive Interiors product including door panels, hard trim, floor consoles, instrument panels, storage bins, and overhead products.
- Development of test plans in accorda