Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Continuous Improvement Intern - Summer 2018
United States - MI - Highland Park
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
At Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, we are determined in streamlining process that helps achieve cost efficient results throughout our organization.
As a Continuous Impovement Intern, you will have the opportunity to explore different problem solving events to help streamline current and new processes throughout the organization. You will gain hands-on exposure to our facilities and network with industry leaders throughout your internship.
Under the supervision of your manager and mentor, some projects and job responsibilities could include:
- Understand the capabilities of the stick-on sensors, and how they can communicate data back to the injection molding press PLC.
- Review the error-proofing verification process (poke yoke red rabbits) in the plant and update the associated forms and work instructions. Convert the error-proofing verification to a wireless, tablet-based form that can be used and wirelessly logged by team leaders.
- Perform process studies (basic Design of Experiments) to characterize the effect of IP topper skin vacuum forming process parameters and raw material characteristics (thickness, color and lot variation) on the downstream mold-behind process scrap.
- Current student enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a 3.00 GPA or higher
- Pursuing Bachelor’s in Science required; Engineering discipline preferred
- Prior internship(s), work experience, and/or extracurricular activities preferred
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and goal orientated
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior Status
- Strong interest in automotive manufacturing industry