Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
1. Manages laboratory functions and Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) by prioritizing and scheduling requires for laboratory work, maintaining log of work performed, advising Management in effective utilization of CMM, devising methods to measure part dimensions, and troubleshooting measurement problems
2. Coordinate metrology studies per AIAG MSA guidelines
3. Maintain Calibration Recall System keeping inspection fixture calibration status and product annual dimensional validation current
4. Designs and constructs measurement tools by assessing measurement requirements; analyzing cause of unfavorable gage error; correcting defective gauges and fixtures; drawing blue prints for gage construction; consulting and advising Tooling Department about gage designs, expectations, and construction; assisting Tooling personnel with the construction of the measurement devices; and fabricating simple fixtures and gauges
5. Follow all safety guidelines established by the facility. Noncompliance to the safety policy will result in disciplinary action and/or termination
6. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department/facility.
- Ability to program CMMs, experience with PC-DMIS
- Working knowledge of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Knowledge and proficient use of ANSI Y 14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Gage R&R and Process Capability Studies
- Proficiency with mechanical/manual inspection (Caliper, Micrometer, Height gage, etc.)
- Management of calibration of gages and measuring equipment