Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
CMM Lab Quality Technician
United States - SC - Fountain Inn
Perform CMM measurements as needed by the plant. This position will measure our parts and validate dimensions in conformance with the drawings, as defined and tied directly to the control plan.
- Program the CMM for measurement analysis
- Perform all layouts as required per Drawing, from Layout Request Form & customer requirements
- Issue layout reports to requester upon completion of layout
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment, maintain Lab 5S, assure Gages received from other plants are in designated work area
- Provide technical assistant in analysis and problem-solving of dimensional issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be proficient in Metrolog X4
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Ability to read from the drawings
- Analytical - Collects and researches data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be computer literate.
- Capable of operating CMM with complete understanding of the software utilized.
- Knowledgeable in PCDMIS and Atos System (gom) (Blue light Scanner) is a plus.