Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Advanced Quality Engineer
United States - MI - Novi
This position is responsible for product launch advance quality
planning for specific launch programs.
- Develop the past problem roadmap for Launch program.
- Facilitate/participate in the engineering development of Design
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DMEA) documents for
assigned Launch programs.
- Facilitate/participate in the manufacturing development of Process
Flows (PF) and Process Failure Mode and Effects
Analysis (FMEA) documents.
- Facilitate and assure development of Design and Process Control Plans
based on customer requirements, Characteristic
Matrix and FMEAs.
- Facilitate and assure development of appropriate Measurement System
Analysis (MSA) plan; identify appropriate
statistical tools and techniques
required for assessing process capability and verify all measuring devices are
the Control Plan and PDFSS
- Ensure preparation and on-time delivery of new product Launch-related
Customer Production Part Approval Process
- Ensure that Launch-related Customer, internal and supplier quality
corrective actions (8D’s) meet the required timing,
quality and format.
- Ensure initial capability studies are properly performed and
documented for initial builds and product changes affecting
- Facilitate/participate in Engineering Design Reviews of
specifications and drawings related to the system and develop the
- Assist/support Supplier Quality Engineer, as needed, including
supplier selection, kick-off meetings and process sign-off.
- Support DV/PV builds and verify that parts meet dimensional and
- Ensure the appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are
developed for launch.
- Lead Internal Audits, report audit findings and ensure timely close
out of any required corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Quality, Engineering, or Science related field
- Five years of work experience in ISO/QS/TS quality system and
advanced quality planning.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and
Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and
Statistical Process Control
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliersApply online now