Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
2nd Shift Quality Engineer
United States - MI - Harrison Township
Responsible for maintaining a good Supplier/Customers’ relationship by consistently exceeding customer expectations, through proper product development and supply in a world class condition. All systems/criteria shall be developed, documented, and maintained to ensure consistent quality assurance. This position has the authority to carry out the basic functions and responsibilities described and supported by the facility’s organizational chart.
- Prepare PPAP submissions for Customers. Interact with Suppliers to complete first time submissions. Coordinate with Materials and Production departments to insure effective, ontime implementation
- Understand full build process to provide World Class Interiors products to Customers
- Follow through with Supplier processing of changes to implement changes according to plan
- Read and interpret blue prints and CAD renderings, verifying product compliance by utilizing various measurement tools
- Develop or approve appropriate forms for data acquisition from quality verification operations
- Coordinate the engineering build of development samples to verify proposed changes
- Promote safety and positive communication among the Quality Department, Plant Personnel, Corporate Personnel, and Customers
- Provide leadership in troubleshooting to analyze a timely resolution to material and/or any internal problem which may cause and interruption of world class product delivery to our Customers. Ability to problem solve and resolve issues. Proper judgement in communication with Customers when required
- Monitor assemble operations to determine compliance with Customers’ product function and craftsmanship requirements
- Working knowledge of PFEMA’s, control plans and operator instructions
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Quality Manager
- Bachelor Level Degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent of four years in quality experience in the Automotive Industry.
- Three to five years of experience in Quality Assurance with emphasis on supplying the automotive industry.
- Familiar with TS 16949 Standards. Statistical Quality Control knowledge a plus. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.