Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Toyota Door Panel Lead Engineer
United States - MI - Novi
As a Lead Product Engineer you will manage onsite customer engineering interface to understand
product requirements and timing expectations with multiple departments.
- Manage day to day activities of onsite and back office
simultaneous development team.
- Assess component and system performance to requirements
using calculations, CAE, prototyping, and ED/DV/PV testing.
- Develop and maintain tactical plans to track project
status and ensure that Engineering deliverable timing obligations are met.
- Apply tools such as DFMEA and DRBFM, and provide support
to PFMEA, to identify and address areas of design risk.
- Identify and address issue root cause using problem
solving skills such as A3, KT and 5-Why analysis to drive Lean Engineering and
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design and
injection-molding to design concepts.
Lead global design team in developing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings.
- Maintain project budgets and meet budget
expectations. Provide accurate product
and ED&D estimates in support of quotes.
- Work with suppliers to acquire part data, samples and
quotes as necessary and own supplier relationship for engineering deliverables,
including drawings, CAD models and appropriate analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- BSME and minimum 10 years of experience in automotive
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Toyota or other
- JOEM & Toyota experience is required
- Knowledge of design for plastics assembly; screwing,
staking, welding, laminating, wrapping.
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting
lines, action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Plastic resin and materials selection knowledge as
related to Door Panels.
- Dimensional management and tolerancing experience. Ability to develop component and sub-assembly
GD&T tolerancing and tolerance stack-up studies in support of manufacturing
& craftsmanship goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional and
respectful manner in a team environment and directly to the OEM. Identify and address issues in a direct,
“data driven” manner.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic. Ability to manage
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Available to travel and work at Customer site in Ann Arbor area.