Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Tooling Specalist/Journeyman Mold Maker
United States - MI - Holland
Global. Collaborative. Innovative.
Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we
will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team.
A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society
will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong,
personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of
innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you
will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors – your
career in motion
This is a Journeyman Mold Maker position in our Yanfeng Automotive Interiors Advanced Tooling technology group. As a Journeyman Mold Maker will be responsible for managing mold build as well as hands on building using all tool room equipment, providing technical support and coordinating and/or executing the complete mold construction. This will include, mold design input, scheduling, troubleshooting. Other responsibilities may also include:
- This person will be performing set-ups, and operations on all manual shop machines.
- This position will be required manage issues, budgets, and schedules to meet specific goals that improve department and key measures, as well as quality and performance goals.
- Ability to repair molds, providing cost estimates, timing requirements and complete reporting and documentation as required
- Performs complex tool making procedures requiring fitting and assembling parts, and making adjustments to meet requirements.
- Work within a team environment to resolve production issues or tool failures in our production facilities.
- Must be able to operate all manual Tool room equipment
- Ability to program CNC milling machines using WorkNC software a plus.
- Must have the ability to program conversational and tool path programs in multiple formats.
- Knowledge of Electrical discharge machining.
- High school diploma
- Successfully completed a federal journeyman program in Machining or Mold making.
- Have knowledge of speeds and feeds for carbide cutters used in machining tool steels.
- Have knowledge of Plastic Injection Molds and Plastic processing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- 5 years’ experience in related area and strong troubleshooting skills preferred
Interiors is the world’s leading supplier of instrument panels and cockpit
systems, door panels, floor consoles and overhead consoles. Headquartered in
Shanghai, the company has more than 105 manufacturing and technical centers in
17 countries and employs over 29,600 people globally. Established in 2015,
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim
Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu
Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor
Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Johnson
Controls a global multi-industrial company. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.