Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors
industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard
be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to
anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the
vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong, personal relationships as you work
together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be
fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and
is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
This Specification defines the job
description of Supplier Quality Engineer at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors in
Highland Park, MI.
- Managing the Quality Labs, including supervising the Quality Lab
Technicians and providing daily direction and prioritization of job tasks in
the supplier quality area of responsibility.
- Champion the resolution of supplier quality
issues to ensure incoming material is free of defects. Implement audits to
ensure adherence and identify risks to part quality.
- Track, review and critique suppliers'
process documentation (Control Plans, FMEAs, etc.) and ensure proper
- Conduct meetings with the suppliers and
Customer Quality Engineers to resolve quality issues and provide required
- Maintain quality database (IRIS), issue
SMRRs and monitor supplier production quality. Review eCIMS/ GIMS / GQTS issues
submitted by Manufacturing Engineers related to the supply base.
- Conducts internal plant audits and prepares
the plant for initial and annual certification. Position includes leading teams
of hourly and salaried personnel.
- Must be able to ensure quality standards
while working with customers, suppliers, and production, consistent with
business needs and Company standards.
- Must work well with entire work force.
MISCELLANEOUS: May be required to work afternoon shift. Individual must be
self-managed, computer literate; possess excellent interpersonal skills; strong
communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be willing and able to work on cross
- Will require occasional travel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred
in a technical area, equivalent experience considered.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience
in Quality Engineering with emphasis on supplying the automotive
- ISO/TS16949, Continuous Improvement, Total
Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, DOE and SPC
- Familiar with ISO 9000 Standards.
Statistical Process Control Knowledge a plus.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning including
familiarity with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan standard,
FMEA’s, PPAPs, Dimensional layouts, gage/fixture design, blue prints and
- Statistical concepts, design of
experiments, and problem solving methodology.
- Manufacturing Quality system experience and
Customer communication activities.
- Certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt or
- Professional Certification in Quality
Interiors is the world’s leading supplier of instrument panels and cockpit
systems, door panels, floor consoles and overhead consoles. Headquartered in
Shanghai, the company has more than 105 manufacturing and technical centers in
17 countries and employs over 29,600 people globally. Established in 2015,
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim
Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu
Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor
Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Johnson
Controls a global multi-industrial company. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.