Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Product Engineer - Post Launch
United States - MO - Riverside
Global. Collaborative. Innovative.
Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we
will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team.
A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society
will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong,
personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of
innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you
will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors – your
career in motion
Product Engineer – Post Launch (Resident Engineering) for the Instrument Panel, Door Panel, and Floor Console and the associated components
As a Product Engineer you will be responsible to provide Engineering support to products and programs currently in production. Manage customer requests, address and support warranty/quality issues within the plants, and lead cost reduction (value engineering) activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage regular manufacturing plant interface to understand current production issues and how Engineering may lead or support closure.
- Work with external customers and internal business units to assess requests for ongoing product changes. Determine how to most effectively manage changes, either as a new product launch or as part of ongoing launch support.
- Develop timelines to track and achieve Engineering deliverables. Maintain timeline to track project status and ensure that deliverable timing obligations are met. Seek guidance and support if necessary to ensure schedule is maintained.
- Identify and address issue root cause using problem solving skills such as KT and 5-Why analysis.
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design and injection-molding to design concepts. Lead design team in developing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings.
- Work with suppliers to acquire part data, samples and quotes as necessary and own supplier relationship for engineering deliverables, including drawings, CAD models and appropriate analysis.
- BSME and 2+ years’ experience in automotive interiors.
- Instrument Panel and Cockpit, Door Panel, or Floor Console design and development expertise.
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting lines, action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Plastic resin and materials selection knowledge as related to interior automotive components.
- Dimensional management and tolerancing experience. Ability to develop component and sub-assembly GD&T tolerancing and tolerance stack-up studies in support of manufacturing & craftsmanship goals.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner in a team environment. Identify and address issues in a direct, “data driven” manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Available as needed for domestic travel.
Interiors is the world’s leading supplier of instrument panels and cockpit
systems, door panels, floor consoles and overhead consoles. Headquartered in
Shanghai, the company has more than 105 manufacturing and technical centers in
17 countries and employs over 29,600 people globally. Established in 2015,
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim
Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu
Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor
Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Johnson
Controls a global multi-industrial company. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.