Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Manager Materials & Logistics
United States - MI - Grand Rapids
The Manager of Supply Chain Management is responsible for the overall materials function and coordinating the efforts of Production Control, Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control; to ensure an orderly and cost effective system is developed and maintained which will enable production and sales goals to be met while minimizing freight dollars and inventory days on hand.
- Ensure on-time delivery of customer orders;
- Optimize personnel, equipment, freight and inventories;
- Acquire materials on-time;
- Anticipate and resolve problems with short-term and permanent corrective action.
- Select, motivate, train and ensure development of a competent department and material handling staff.
- Monitor and ensure departmental personnel conform to company policies and procedures while maintaining a safe and cost efficient environment at all time.
- Be familiar with and ethically operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and governmental procedures relative to purchasing and financial reporting activities.
- Establish, monitor and control department budget that will effectively contribute to the overall manufacturing objectives and plant / business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques / methods for effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Implement purchasing, production scheduling, logistics and inventory control processes which ensures the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of production in accordance with delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum inventories.
- Assist with the development of inventory and freight budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels and freight spend upon which performance can be measure and operating controls affected.
- Manage the most economical inbound / outbound transportation routes, looking for opportunities to combine shipments, milk runs, and warehouse consolidation and distribution.
Education / Experience
- Education Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Finance;
- 5 to 10 years of applicable materials management experience;
- 5 to 7 years of formal leadership experience.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) CPIM certification.
- Automotive or JIT broadcast environment experience.
- Applied lean manufacturing techniques including value stream mapping, leveling demand, kanban calculations and techniques.
- Experience with supply chain visibility tools.
- Applied logistics routing solutions including milk runs, consolidation, and running ratios.
- Trained in Six Sigma methodology.
- Experience with QAD / MFGPRO.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MRP / Order Fulfillment.
- Demonstrated competency in MSOffice Suite products.
- Above average communication skills - oral, written and presentation skills.
- Superior organization, planning and delegation skills.
- Superior process, analytical and problem solving skills - apply / execute formal techniques (e.g. Kepner Trego).
- Superior leadership skills - influence all facets of the organization, mentoring, coaching and teaching.