Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Human Resources Supervisor
United States - MI - Monroe
You will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Assist in recruiting, screening, interviewing and performing background checks and referring qualified hourly and some salaried applicants to appropriate manager to maintain a quality workforce geared to our progressive employment philosophy. Makes job offers to all hourly candidates and ensure employees are hired only after meeting company requirements.
- Work with temporary service providers to ensure staffing meets production requirements.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager in planning, organizing and presenting new employee and temporary employee orientation programs to include plant policies, procedures, regulations, safety rules and benefits (Hotline contact info) to insure that they understand conditions and benefits of employment.
- Works with the Human Resource Manager to promote employee involvement throughout the plant. (Regular attendance at Steering Committee Meetings, attendance at Safety Committee, etc.).
- Assist the Human Resources Department on updating computerized HR data bases, in compliance with federal, state and local law; in the compliance and maintenance of accurate service records for active employees; in the maintaining of records for inactive employees; and, in the compilation and maintenance of appropriate affirmative action reports and all other reports as required. (EX. Ensure employees receive 6 month increases per labor contract).
- Recommend changes or new policies and procedures affecting both hourly and salaried employees, i.e., Employee Handbook, Safety Program, etc.
- Monitors employee transactions such as layoffs, recalls, permanent transfers, etc., to insure all such transactions are in accordance with the company/plant policies and procedures. Back up for recording and maintaining attendance records for all the hourly associates.
- Monitors and active participant in employee activities related to the plant welfare such as special events, employee outings, etc. Ensure employee recognition awards are ordered timely and available for monthly employee meetings.
- Assist HR Manager in work of confidential nature including administration of all payroll transactions and other project work as directed. Back up for processing weekly payroll utilizing PeopleSoft and Kronos.
- Coordinates the FMLA / FLA leaves for all employees as well as approvals.
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating Short-term disability, EEOC Compliance, AAP compliance, EEO1/Vets 100 Reporting and ensuring I9 compliance.
- Assist in the Investigation and Discharge Process – ensure exit interviews are issued, completed and prepared for quarterly reporting to plant management team.
- Has the responsibility and authority to stop production in the event of a quality or safety issue.
- Performs all roles and responsibilities as defined by the BOS System Policies and Procedures.
- Abides by all HSE&E requirements & completes Safety Audits as required.
- Update grievance report and attend union meetings. Participate in proceedings and Step 3 / Arbitration preparations.
- In charge of the on-site operations of the annual Employee Global Survey.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent experience. PHR or SPHR preferred.
- 5 (5) years in a similar position and a sound working knowledge of the intricacies of HR systems.
- Manufacturing environment and Union experience preferred.
- Leadership abilities and ability to provide direction effectively are required.
- Knowledge of Kronos, Access, Macros, Lotus Notes, and PeopleSoft preferred.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Bilingual in Bosnian or Vietnamese preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or communicate with all levels of employees and outside service providers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Familiar with employment laws and regulations (i.e. OSHA, EEOC, etc.).
- Must be computer literate.