Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Human Resources Business Partner
United States - MI - Novi
Provides a broad range of human resource services to a moderately complex business unit in support of business objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives.
- Performs diverse and complex assignments, requiring a high degree of ingenuity and creativity, and covering a wide area of HR functions (i.e. employee/labor relations, staffing, compensation management, affirmative action, organization development, and training).
- Interprets, executes and develops policies and practices across the work-force to ensure consistent and equitable treatment.
- Serves as the primary interface between managers, employees, outside agencies and others concerning HR related issues.
- Defines and implements short/long term HR initiatives in support of strategic objectives. Identifies and directs the development of employee skills to support current and anticipated business needs.
- Counsels and coaches employees, supervisors, and senior management in addressing interpersonal and behavioral challenges.
- Serves as the investigative resource, coordinating with legal counsel, on issues pertaining to employment charges or litigation.
- Conducts training sessions on various subject areas (performance management, discipline, ethics).
- Participates in organization design and restructuring to ensure optimal organizational effectiveness.
- Applies a broad knowledge of human resources principles, practices, and procedures towards the completion of difficult assignments/projects.
- Works under general managerial direction, conferring with supervisor on unusual matters.
- Assignments are broad in nature, typically requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Typically deals with several diverse problems at the same time.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field is required
- MBA, MLIR or Master's degree in related field desired/preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressive HR experience
- Proven track record of performance, customer satisfaction, and team work
- Process leadership and process excellence
- Strong analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Experience working in a large manufacturing or industrial setting desired
- Prefer both plant HR experience and technical campus HR experience
- Prefer experience directly supporting employees/customers in the executive suite
- Proven experience leading projects involving significant organizational change initiatives preferred