Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
United States - MI - Romulus
Set your career in motion
Global. Collaborative. Innovative.
Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we
will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team.
A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society
will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong,
personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of
innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you
will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors – your
career in motion
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer for our Romulus, Michigan facility.
Manufacturing Plant Floor Controls Engineer:
- Diagnose and resolve causes of electrical and mechanical
malfunctions on all equipment
- Assist the maintenance department in installing new
electronic/electrical control equipment and making it operational
- Develop engineering specifications for electrical control systems
and equipment modifications
- Plan, direct and record periodic electrical analysis on the
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment
which fail to meet operating standards
- Provide training for the maintenance department on the operation
and diagnostics of the machine controls and motor controllers
- Research and implement the most cost effective replacement of
electrical control parts
- Provide technical support for the office computers and computer
- Keep updated electrical drawings and schematics on all production
and plant equipment
- Maintain master backups for all machine programs
- Recommend the electrical spare parts inventory for all new and
existing production equipment to insure maximum machine utilization
- Develop programming and provide support for Programmable Logic
Controllers, robots and Panel Views to maximize both quality and
- Develop new and support old programming using RSLogix 5000, RSLogix
500, RSView Studio, RSSQL, RSNetWorx
- Program and troubleshoot Fanuc, ABB and Kuka robotic systems
- Modify and create SQL queries, also create reports by writing
stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Supports manufacturing metrics (Safety, Chang point, OEE, Scrap,
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
(preferably Electrical) or Associates Degree with equivalent
- Computer systems, PCs and software
including AutoCad, Programming and troubleshooting of PLCs, drives and robotic
systems, Working knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, Control
systems design, troubleshooting and installation, Man Machine Interface
Automotive Interiors is the world’s leading supplier of instrument panels and
cockpit systems, door panels, floor consoles and overhead consoles.
Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has more than 105 manufacturing and
technical centers in 17 countries and employs over 29,600 people globally.
Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between
Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly
owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component
group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Johnson Controls a global multi-industrial company. For
more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.