Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Continuous Improvement Intern - Summer 2018
United States - MI - Highland Park
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
At Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, we are determined in
streamlining process that helps achieve cost efficient results throughout our
As a Continuous Impovement Intern, you will have the
opportunity to explore different problem solving events to help streamline
current and new processes throughout the organization. You will gain
hands-on exposure to our facilities and network with industry leaders
throughout your internship.
Under the supervision of your manager and mentor, some
projects and job responsibilities could include:
- Understand the capabilities of the stick-on sensors, and how
they can communicate data back to the injection molding press PLC.
- Review the error-proofing verification process (poke yoke
red rabbits) in the plant and update the associated forms and work
instructions. Convert the error-proofing
verification to a wireless, tablet-based form that can be used and wirelessly
logged by team leaders.
- Perform process studies (basic Design of Experiments) to
characterize the effect of IP topper skin vacuum forming process parameters and
raw material characteristics (thickness, color and lot variation) on the
downstream mold-behind process scrap.
- Current student enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a 3.00 GPA or higher
- Pursuing Bachelor’s in Science required; Engineering discipline preferred
- Prior internship(s), work experience, and/or extracurricular activities preferred
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and goal orientated
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior Status
- Strong interest in automotive manufacturing industry