Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
Buyer - Direct
United States - MI - Plymouth
Global. Collaborative. Innovative.
Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we
will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team.
A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society
will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong,
personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of
innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you
will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors – your
career in motion
Customer Business Unit Buyer – Purchasing
- Control Customer Business Unit (SDT) sourcing on time at or below cost targets
- Ensure flawless SDT launches per PLUS and customer timing / deliverables
- Maintain direct production materials / components to ensure adequate supply
- Strive to achieve cost savings goals and financial commitments per program/corporate targets
- Understand and support execution of supplier Commodity Strategies (MBBP)
- Support Commodity Managers in developing and implementing sub commodity strategies (SMPE)
- Supplier Management activities: RFQ (Request For Quote), change management, contract negotiations, payment queries, dispute resolution, etc.
- Support annual Business Review process with strategic suppliers to ensure supplier specific roadmaps are met
- Support Commodity Teams in driving improvements in the following areas in order to meet or exceed planned goals: forecasted savings, continuous improvement, economics mitigation, supplier quality performance, supplier rationalization, sub commodity strategies, LCC sourcing content, payment terms, supplier T&Cs, and other strategic objectives
- Support Material Best Business Practices (MBBP) to implement strategies and cost savings
- Develop sub commodity strategies through SMPE initiatives
- Support on site Supplier Readiness Reviews (SRR) and Launch Readiness Reviews (LRR)
- Support compliance with BOS, PLUS, POS and SOX procedures
- Support advanced and operational Purchasing activities within a Commodity organization starting from phase 0-5 and over production lifetime
- 4 year degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration with a Master Degree desired
- 2 years experience
in sourcing and purchasing of electronic components.
- Min. 1-3 years within automotive or related industry
- Supply Chain Management (SCM), operational and/or strategic role experience
- Experience in sourcing and purchasing of electronic components.
- Ability and interest to work and take a lead role in cross functional teams
- Ability to travel both regionally and globally as necessary to support the specific project (varies by project)
- CPM / CPSM Certification preferred
- In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
- PC knowledge (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Controlling and cost analysis knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Relevant SAP knowledge
Interiors is the world’s leading supplier of instrument panels and cockpit
systems, door panels, floor consoles and overhead consoles. Headquartered in
Shanghai, the company has more than 105 manufacturing and technical centers in
17 countries and employs over 29,600 people globally. Established in 2015,
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim
Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu
Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor
Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Johnson
Controls a global multi-industrial company. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.