Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
BMW Quality Leader
United States - SC - Fountain Inn-SC
Working with YFAI Manufacturing Quality and Operations
proper support of quality deliverables for ongoing product manufacturing.
drive closure of quality related issues.
systemic corrections for safety, quality and warranty issues.
consistent, timely and thorough interaction with customer Quality leadership on
quality issue resolution, systemic process changes, and proactive product and
a relentless and passionate desire to effectively manage and engage customer
position is responsible for providing high level quality management support to
the YFAI team as “the voice of the customer”.
This position will have dual reporting to Regional Quality Leader and
Fountain Inn Plant Manager.
Location: Spartanburg, SC
quality, technical support and expertise to the YFAI manufacturing sites as
well as the customer OEM locations.
and report OEM customer metrics to YFAI team.
- Monitor customer needs and ensure a
strong level of customer support
- Conduct ongoing assessment of YFAI
and customer quality deliverables/metrics to standards.
- Attend customer training and become
SME (subject matter expert) for customer standards and procedures
- Work with Quality Managers and
customer quality personnel to resolve issues impacting customer locations/sites.
- Support the placement of qualified
personnel for open Quality positions within the region.
- Identify and facilitate needed
training for Quality personnel on YFAI and customer standards and procedures.
conduct YFAI and customer Quality Systems/Standards training as needed.
- Work with Quality Director to
identify and develop high potential Quality employees for Strategic Talent
- Bachelor's degree in Quality,
Engineering, or Science related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) years of relevant Quality
- Relevant automotive quality
leadership experience (5 years minimum).
- Relevant Quality staff leadership
experience (5 years minimum).
- Broad knowledge of Advanced Quality
Planning, including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning
and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Strong knowledge in quality
philosophy and strategy.
- Strong interpersonal and
communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Relevant experience with training,
including preparation and delivery of Quality training.
- Ability to work in a self-directed
- Excellent problem solving skills
are required, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as
8D’s, 6 Panels, 5 Why and DMAIC processes.
- Experience with ISO/QS/TS Quality
Systems is required. Lead Auditor certification is highly desirable.
- Experience with, and passion for,
working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related.